Rumor Control for The Brendan Dassey and Steven Avery Case
- How many times did Teresa Halbach visit the Avery property and have interactions with Steven Avery? It is certain that she’d been more than once, but how many times more than once? I’ve heard estimates between three and fifteen times.
- When Steven Avery called Teresa Halbach at around 4:35pm on October 31st, 2005, what exactly did he say?
- According to Brendan Dassey’s “confession”, Steven opened the hood of Teresa’s RAV4 in order to disconnect the battery cables. This, presumably, is when he left his DNA under the hood latch. But was the car found with the battery cables disconnected? What would have been the purpose of disconnecting the battery cables in the first place?
- Steven Avery was went to jail for throwing a cat over a fire. And it is said that he doused the cat in either oil or gasoline, and that he was with others when this took place who also might have been involved. Was some kind of accelerant put on the cat? Did the cat survive? Who reported this event to the police?
- Scott Tadych testified that he visited his mother in the hospital the day Teresa Halbach is presumed to have been murdered. Is there any way to verify that his mother was indeed in the hospital at this time, and that Scott Tadych went to visit her on the day he said he did?
- How did Teresa Halbach’s real father, Richard Halbach die?
- Are Mike, Teresa and Timothy Halbach all from the same parents, or were either Mike or Timothy brought over from a prior marriage Tom Halbach had with someone else?
- Did Teresa Halbach break up with Ryan Hillegas, or the other way around?
This is simply what I can think of for the moment, but I know there are lot more loose ends. One of my readers has already composed a list of “Voids”, which I think was immensely helpful, but as this moves forward, I think it important to have the best information possible to that the dissemination of false information isn’t propagated. If there are readers out there who have heard conflicting information that you would like to have clarified, please post a comment or send me a note through the contact form. I know that there are many others.