For those of you who may be new to site, Ken Kratz and I had an ongoing correspondence. He’s been doing the rounds in the media lately, appearing on such shows as Nancy Grace, talking about all of the evidence that was intentionally “excluded” from Making A Murderer, so I asked him to send me a full list to have a look at. I looked at all of it very carefully, and determined that, if anything, the filmmakers were doing Ken and the gang a big favor by not including any of the “evidence” because it more than likely would have proven to be an embarrassment as you will see, hopefully, by reading my response to Kratz.
I also mentioned to Kratz that this was going to be a quid pro quo. That is, I would look at and respond to all of his stuff if he would be willing to return the favor. Today, in the letter below, I sent Ken Kratz a little reminder in the form of yet another email because so far, Mr. Kratz has not held up his end of the bargain. If he ever does, I will post his comments. The two links below are of my public response to Kratz, and the body of the letter below the links is what I sent Kratz today. I should lastly like to mention that the “List of Voids” was sent to me by Twitterer and blog reader @JLWhitaker
Ken Kratz’s “Excluded Evidence” Post I
Ken Kratz’s “Excluded Evidence” Post II
I took a great deal of time and care responding to all of the evidence in a two part post (part I
and part II)
that you say was deliberately excluded from Making A Murderer, and I haven’t heard back from you since then. I’m still waiting on your answer.
And since I took up your challenge, I’m sincerely hoping you will take up mine and offer an explanation for the innumerable and legitimate questions the series did raise perhaps best crystalized by @JL_Whitaker:
– TH Hair void
– TH blood void
– location of main car key (the found key is a back-up)
– location of TH house key
– voicemail (deleted)
– investigation of RyanH ScottT, ScottB, BobbyD — reliable alibis
– chain of custody re evidence (first trial blood vial)
– arrival at scene log for Lenk, Colborn on 5 November
– reporting of TH missing – 3 days!
– documentation of suspect activity between 31 October and 5 November
– a verifiable crime scene
– calling party records (RyanH, MikeH, Lenk, Colborn)
– reliable testing (Culhane compromised often, FBI guy bad science)
– explanation for the magic bullet (shape, location)
– testing of second bullet fragment from garage
– details of the ballistics report matching .22 rilfe to the magic bullet
– fingerprint test of the early case blood vial w/punctured top and the evidence box cellophane tape
– fingerprints in general ANYwhere
– hot enough location for body burning
– dismemberment tools Kratz said were entered into to evidence
– explanation for Colborn calling in the plate on 3 Nov
– ANY evidence that puts Brendan Dassey in prison for life other than coerced confession
– explanation for why ANYone looked in the quarry for evidence. Why there? Who sent them there?